Going to the chapel and we’re going to get…..insurance?!
The wedding season is approaching fast! While planning a wedding can be fun, it also can be stressful trying to remember every single detail to make the big day perfect. Let’s talk about something you may not have on your list of preparations; wedding insurance.
Why do I need to insure my wedding, you ask? Well let’s go over some situations that could happen at your wedding.
- The reception venue may require liability coverage.
- You lose your dress or tux.
- Your photographer mysteriously disappears (along with your photographs) after you have paid them.
- A hurricane decides it wants to take a spin on the dance floor in the reception hall you rented.
- Your rings go missing. (Look around for Gollum….)
- Your gifts are damaged or broken while at the reception.
If any of these things happen and you don’t have insurance,you have no protection. If you get these things covered and something does disappear, you can be reimbursed for your loss. Unfortunately insurance is probably the last thing couples are thinking about as they plan their wedding,when it really should be the first. Imagine not having your wedding photographs, or if 10 minutes before you walk down the aisle, your dress is nowhere to be found. Weddings are stressful enough, minimize the stress and be sure to get wedding insurance so your future together can start happy, not stressful.